Educational and Networking Opportunities Available in Addition to Shows
The 53rd All-American Dairy Show is gearing up for a week of top-notch shows, educational opportunities, youth events and sales from September 17-22, at the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex and Expo Center, Harrisburg.
"We are excited to host our dairy friends from across the nation at the All-American Dairy Show, and we thank our generous sponsors for helping make it possible," said Pennsylvania Dairy and Allied Industries President Alan McCauley. "This week has a long-standing tradition of outstanding youth activities and shows, the highest quality cattle, and a sense of community that we are dedicated to preserving. We look forward to welcoming everyone to Harrisburg and keeping traditions alive while forging new paths."
New events at the show include brief twice-daily barn forums hosted by Multimin USA, to explain its supplemental source of minerals, with additional information at its booth in the trade show. Multimin USA will offer a five-dollar food voucher redeemable in the All-American food court, to those who attend the forum.
Families are also invited to view the "Growing through Showing" video in the theater in the Dairy Activity Center. The video features instruction from professionals during the Oakfield Corner Dairy youth educational program held this spring thanks to sponsors Golden Link Supplement, Inc., Nasco, Cargill Animal Nutrition, Select Sire Power, Fight Bac, Merial, Udder Comfort and Lira Gold/Kuffman's Animal Health.
"The All-American Dairy show board of directors, volunteers and staff are working hard to coordinate another great event for all exhibitors, producers and dairy enthusiasts," said Agriculture Secretary Russell Redding. "It is an honor to work with this team, knowing they are committed to providing the best possible experience for everyone who attends the All-American."
Returning All-American Events include:
- Exhibitor Appreciation Dinner - sponsored by American Dairy Association North East on Sunday, at 7 p.m. All exhibitors and other dairy producers are welcome to celebrate the show and recognize the Obie and Image award winners.
- Milkshake Madness a celebrity milkshake-making contest sponsored by Turkey Hill featuring teams of local media personalities, legislators and youth exhibitors, on Tuesday at 11 a.m.
- Dairy Girl Networking Event dairy women can gather to interact with like-minded women on Monday, from 7-9 p.m., thanks to sponsorship from DGN and Chr. Hansen.
- Snack with the Vendors producers are invited to visit with the vendors in the Dairy Activity Center from 3:30-5:30 p.m. on Tuesday.
- Eastern Elite Sale the sale offers top quality genetics from young calves to mature cows in the Holstein, Jersey and Red and White breeds. Sale information is available at www.paholsteins.com or by calling 717.329.9202.
- Celebrate with ImmuCell a wine and cheese reception sponsored by ImmuCell Corporation on Wednesday at 4:30 p.m.
- All-Dairy Antiques and Collectibles Show and Sale the nation's only all-dairy antiques show and a market for buying and selling dairy items.
Contact the show office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 717-787-2905 for more information and to be a part of the 53rd All-American.
Visit www.allamerican.state.pa.us to find more details about the All-American Dairy Show. The event features 22 shows in six days in addition to the nation's only all-dairy antiques show. Last year's show featured nearly 3,000 animals and 1,500 exhibitors from around the country.